Getting rounder and bigger butts are what every man and woman is fond of, thanks to Instagram and fitness revaluation. Good well-developed butts are not only limited to physical benefits but also helps in getting a nice shape while wearing any trousers or jeans. Butts are the most powerful beasts you have in your whole body, but somehow they are the weakest of all because we train them very rarely. That said people who train their butts struggle with one question, does squeezing buttocks make it bigger? Well, this is the common query most people have. The simple answer to this is
Does squeezing buttocks make it bigger?
No, squeezing your buttocks alone will not make it bigger, if not performed with correct exercises or movements. To make your butt bigger, it requires training all three muscles of the glutes i.e gluteus medius, gluteus maximus, and gluteus minimus muscle. Although, squeezing your buttocks alone may also be helpful for strengthening and activating glutes muscles(not making butts bigger) as shown by studies.
What do squeezing buttocks do?
The process of squeezing your buttocks while performing compound movements like squats or deadlifts is to create as much tension as possible on glute muscles and not letting the tension release or move away.
But by only Squeezing your buttocks for 5 to 10 minutes without any weight or exercise you can activate the glute muscles which helps in making it stronger, according to the latest studies.
Why it’s hard to make your butts grow?
Well, it all depends on the dominant part of your lower body, which means if your quads are more dominant than your hips then it’s hard to activate those three muscles of your glutes.
The best way to find out if you have weak glutes or buttocks is by noticing if you can lift the weight according to your weight in deadlifts and squats. If not, it is surely a sign that your glutes muscles are weak and you need to train them.
If you get a lot of hamstrings or lower back injury while performing compound movements then it’s also a sign that your hips are not involving while you are performing the movement.
Make your buttocks bigger
Before continuing further, first, I want to suggest to you one of the best resistance bands that I personally used which is (Arena Strength Fabric Booty Bands, Buy on amazon) – Fabric Exercise Bands for Legs and Butt. This is best as it doesn’t slip when you perform, the exercise. If you are a woman, then this is best for you.
As it is known that butts can be the most powerful part of your body if you train them correctly. Most people don’t get results because they only train one or two muscles while doing movements like squats and deadlifts, which is not sufficient to grow your butt as your butt is consists of three muscle groups and you have to target every muscle group separately to make your butt bigger.
To grow bigger butts it is not necessary to do 100 squats a day or to do all exercises in one session. It is important to train if you want bigger butts, but it’s doesn’t have to be every day of your gym session because to grow any muscle rest is as important as training.
That said, training your butt twice or thrice a week is a good option, as you get the rest and nutrition you need. And if you cut it to once a week it is very difficult to grow it bigger due to the time gap.
There are several squeezing exercises to grow your butt. To get promising results you need to divide them into different sessions to perform accurately.
Barbell hip thrust
Important exercise for butts to grow bigger as this movement is specially designed to activate your glutes muscles and put tension.
How to perform
- Take a flat bench and rest your upper back on the bench and extend your legs straight on the floor, making a 90-degree angle.
- Grasp a barbell with the sufficient weight that suits you and make it sit on your upper thigh ( use any cloth or towel on the barbell for comfort ).
- Now, move your hips down towards the floor and then take back up by squeezing your glutes, creating a 90-degree angle.
Here are some exercises that you can do at home: Glute Activation Exercises at home
The best way to involve your hamstring and glutes muscles. Don’t go for your maximum rep with this exercise as it is similar to a deadlift, but you don’t have to perform a deadlift. Always keep in mind the aim is to target glute muscles and not lifting up the weight by pushing the muscles.
How to Perform
- Get in the position of deadlift by standing feet outside maintaining the width of your shoulders.
- Perform the movement by pushing your hips back and moving the bar down by maintaining the natural back arc.
- Always keep in mind to not bring the bar too down to avoid it making a deadlift movement. Just bring the bar to the mid-shin level.
- Bring back the bar up by squeezing your hips to maintain or keep the tension on.
Ball hip thrust
Helpful in activating the glutes muscles without involving any weight. Best exercise if your session includes other heavy exercises because it’s hard to do every weight exercise at every session, it requires a huge amount of energy. This exercise is a great option to include in a session that includes heavy weights or other exercises.
How to perform
This exercise is the reverse of the hip thrust. To perform this movement
- Rest your feet on a ball, and back resting on the floor.
- Bend the knees to create a 90-degree angle.
- Start pushing your hips up while squeezing and then bring back down slowly, again creating the 90-degree angle.
Bulgarian split squat
The best exercise to include in your leg session. As it targets your legs muscle like – quads and hamstrings and is also helpful in building bigger butts. This exercise is helpful in giving shape to your butts, also involves the side muscles of your glutes which are helpful in keeping the balance.
How to perform
- Grasp a bar with the weight that suits you. Now make the squat position by keeping the bar on the back of your shoulders.
- Put one leg on the bench behind you so that your legs create a 90-degree angle.
- Now, bend your knees down so that it nearly touches the floor, make sure to maintain your posture straight while performing the movement.
Squats with band
Squats are great exercises for building big quads and leg muscles but performing a squat with bands involves the glute muscles.
How to perform
- Wear an elastic band on your thighs. Now, Grasp a barbell with a sufficient weight that you can lift.
- Perform the squat by pushing your hips backward which pushes the band inwards in a way so that it put tension on the glute muscles.
- Then, again come up and squeeze your hips which makes the band come back and put more tension on your butts.
This inward outward movement activates the gluteus Maximus and glute medius muscles.
Best way to target all three muscles of your glutes. This is a light exercise that you can perform with your heavy workout session.
How to perform
- Fix both the suspension trainer to your knee height. And your body lied down on the floor.
- Put your both feet between the suspension handles and perform the movement by pushing your hips upwards and squeezing them at the top.
- Again come back down to create the 90-degree knee angle.